The Pavillon Jérome-Demers was designed by Charles
Baillairgé and built in 1855. Until 1888 it was a residence
for students of Laval University, and then, until 1978, the home
of the Sœurs Dominicaines de l’Enfant-Jésus,
whose vocation was to serve the Seminary priests. In 1983, the
building became the Musée du Séminaire de Québec.
In 1993 the building again changed vocations, becoming the Musée
de l’Amérique française. It merged with the
Musée de la civilisation two years later. Today it
houses the permanent exhibition: Séminaire de Québec,
Wisdom and Works.
Aile de la Procure and the Pavillon Jérôme-Demers
Musée de la civilisation, Archives du Séminaire
de Québec, PH1999-1067